Maintenance BRITISH AIRWAYS Technician (A licence) Heathrow
Change is in the air at British Airways. Our engineering department is evolving to open up a whole new world of possibilities. You’ll quickly discover that no two days are ever the same in Operational or Base Maintenance, with 121 long-haul and over 100 short-haul aircraft across the business, the opportunities are endless.
Most importantly, we’ll give you all the ownership and trust you need to do your job, building your confidence and enhancing your decision making skills with the support of our Licenced Engineers and management teams.
A new era in engineering is here, and we’ll be looking to you to help us make this change.
What you’ll do
It’s an opportunity to learn new skills, develop your talents and advance your career. It’s a chance to get to grips with a wide variety of aircraft and the kind of technical challenges that will put you to the test. Make the most of these and the only limit on how far you can go will be your ability and desire to get there.
Your focus will be on ensuring all aircraft in our fleet are airworthy. This means going above and beyond the standard set out by regulators to meet our own Engineering Quality procedures. This will involve carrying out a range of specific maintenance tasks, from component changes and routine checks to general visual and surveillance inspections. Recording and documenting these changes will also be a core part of your role.
- Can lead maintenance tasks within your scope of authorisation to agreed targets and expectations
- Actively develop your skills and experience supporting the delivery of departmental objectives
- Responsible for the successful completion of all allocated, planned and ad-hoc maintenance tasks
- Ensures compliance with safety, company procedures, regulatory and airmanship standards
- Ensures and supports effective communication
- Builds a culture of continuous improvement in a production environment
- Supports the development of a high performance team and culture
- Responsible for remaining qualified and authorised on all aircraft types, vehicles and equipment applicable to area and able to carry out all tasks associated with the Technician role
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to quality, health, safety and environment regulations and housekeeping standards
- Ensure the requirements of competency checks in accordance with British Airways Quality procedures are met
- Carries out IT and documentary transactions as required, making full use of technology
- Understanding of material consumption, ordering and ‘fit and remove’ process
- Expected to further own knowledge and skills base with training, use of technology and experience
Who you will work with
Duty Shift Manager (your line manager), Satellite Engineers, all Production grades, Ramp/Base Planning, Engineering Control Centres and Technical Support Group (Part M)
You will need
- EASA Part-66 Category A licence (fixed wing turbine)
- Applications are also welcome from holders of B1 and/or B2 licences without type ratings
- UK Driving Licence (and Airside Driving Licence desirable)
What we can offer you
Your basic salary will start at £39,508 rising to £41,388 on successful completion of your probation period and on gaining your authorisations. We are also able to offer a variety of shift patterns to suit your work life balance, attracting competitive shift pay.
- Variety and challenge – both in terms of diversity of aircraft and the chance to work on all 3 inflight entertainment systems
- Develop at a leading airline and the career opportunities we offer
- A hands-on role with real responsibility and phenomenal prospects
We offer a wide range of flexible benefits such as
- A pension scheme where you could have a potential to contribute 5% and BA will contribute 11.5%
- Discounted confirmed and standby flights
- Discounts on car hire, hotels, leisure activities, entertainment and many more
- Flexible benefits scheme including option to purchase private healthcare and childcare vouchers
- Free parking at work and options for free airport parking whilst on holiday
Training and Development
- Our specialist technical training facility at Heathrow is the venue for all our type course training
- We offer a wide range of industry leading Part-147 / Part-145 training, which includes the latest Aircraft types, technological classrooms and simulators
- Access to a suite of personal and developmental professional training through our Global Learning Academy at Heathrow
- Opportunities to gain your B1 and/or B2 Licences with type ratings, to develop your career further.
- Opportunity to do a type course to gain a BA type for B1/B2 licence holders, and develop your career to a Licenced Aircraft Engineer.
Please ensure you upload a scanned copy of your EASA Part-66 licence when you submit your application
Interviews will be taking place in January and February 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone.
How to ApplyGO TO JOB OFFER
6 total views, 1 today