Cabin Crew TUI Cabin Crew – LTN, Permanent Part Year & Fixed Term, Summer 2019, Luton
At TUI Airways, we are passionate about creating an on-board holiday experience that is effortless, memorable and unique. We don’t just safely fly our customers to their destination; we put our customers at the heart of everything we do to provide a great start and end to their holiday.
Join our team of over 3,000 cabin crew across the UK and Ireland and help us create unforgettable holiday experiences for our customers, bringing fun, energy and customer focus to the role.
You’ll work hard as part of a team in this fast paced and fun role. The cabin crew role sometimes involves late nights, early mornings and weekend work (but don’t worry, we’ll give you plenty of rest time between flights!). You’ll need to be confident, resilient and comfortable coping with the unexpected.
For the right person, working as cabin crew gives job satisfaction and a sense of achievement that few other roles can match. If this sounds like you, we’re confident you will love being part of TUI Airways and the TUI Team.
What you will be doing
Every flight is different, but broadly speaking you’ll be doing the following:
You’ll work with the rest of the team to plan your flight activities and demonstrate safety knowledge to the required standard in the crew room.
Once on the aircraft, you’ll perform vital checks prior to departure, then you’ll welcome customers on-board with a friendly welcome and a smile. You’ll provide a safety briefing to our customers and prepare the aircraft for departure.
Throughout The Flight:
You’ll be on hand to attend to customers’ needs during the flight, ensuring that they are safe and comfortable throughout. And you’ll further serve customers by selling refreshments and duty-free including luxury items to maximise sales whilst delivering great service.
Landing & Disembarkation:
You’ll ensure the aircraft and our customers are prepared for landing, helping customers to disembark the aircraft safely and efficiently with a lasting positive impression.
Once customers disembark, you’ll work as a team ensuring all necessary checks are completed for the return sector and then welcome our customers back on-board.
What we are looking for
• Confidence, a sense of fun and a passion for delivering excellent customer service
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills to engage customers and colleagues
• The ability to plan and organise but still juggle priorities and “think on your feet” when necessary
• Reliable with strong attention to detail
• Energy, resilience and an appetite for hard work
• A healthy drive to achieve sales targets (but never at the expense of a great customer experience)
• A commitment to learning and continuous improvement
There are some specific physical and logistical requirements for the role, to ensure that you can safely serve our customers on-board.
Regulatory requirements state that cabin crew need to:
• Be able to reach the overhead compartments with a minimum 6’2” reach (not height) without shoes
• Be assessed as ‘fit to operate as crew’ by a suitably qualified Aero-Medical Examiner
• Be able to move freely, forward facing down the aisle and pass through the smallest secondary cabin emergency exit without assistance (this will be tested during training)
• Be able to fit into the evacuation space at a door area and fit into a jump seat harness without modification (this will be tested during training)
• Be able to obtain a valid UK DBS Check Certificate and EASA Medical Certificate prior to starting training
• Provide verifiable references that cover a full 5 year period and be able to obtain any Overseas Criminal Record Checks for all countries where you have resided for 6 continuous months or more in the previous 5 years prior to starting training
In addition, it’s important you are confident you can get from your home address to the crew room in 90 minutes or less. In practice, depending on the airport base, this may mean you need to live closer than 90 minutes to include both local and peak traffic conditions, parking and any travel time from staff car parks to the crew room.
Some larger airports have crew car parks that are located some distance from crew rooms and require you to catch an airport shuttle bus, please take this in to consideration when applying for this position.
Further information on requirements can be found here.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest holiday company with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Crystal Ski Holidays and Marella Cruises. Our airline, TUI Airways is the UK’s third largest airline with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
TUI UK and Ireland is a member of TUI Group, the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof, we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme, 20% on-board discount on selected items with TUI Airways & Marella Cruises, great rates on foreign exchange and discounts with numerous retailers.
How to apply
Please Note: If you have applied for a Cabin Crew position with us in the last 6 months then you will be unable to submit an application for this position, this is monitored by our Recruitment Team.
Please review all the Cabin Crew vacancies and ensure you select your preferred base to apply for. We do not accept applications for multiple bases.
Further information on the role of Cabin Crew at TUI can be found on our careers website, alternatively visit our recruitment social media channels, links to these are at the bottom of this page.
Please click on the link below, you will be required to provide personal details and complete an online application form.
Should your application be progressed, you will be invited to complete a short pre-recorded video interview. If you are successful at the video interview stage then you will be invited to attend an assessment centre, these will be held regionally across the UK and places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
If you have any queries then please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Correct at the time of advertisement, some benefits are non-contractual and subject to change.
Contract Type: There are opportunities for both Permanent Part Year and Fixed Term contracts.
How to ApplyApply HERE
98 total views, 1 today